Now Hiring Lead Hand/Batch Maker
Lead Hand/Batch Maker
Reporting to the Director of Production, the incumbent will be responsible for setting up and operating all filling equipment as well as for leading all other workers on a line to run the line properly and efficiently and to assist and train employees as needed. This individual will also be required to perform all tasks of the General Labourer.
- Recognizing when the storage tanks have been filled and the product is ready to be put into containers for distribution.
- Confirming that all components are available for manufacture (i.e., Shipper labels, Bottles, Caps and expiry labels, etc.)
- Communicating effectively with the Batching area to schedule filling once storage tank have been filled.
- Ability to set up, changeover and run all fillers, making use of a variety of filling methods, both semi-automatic and manual, to fill a variety of containers with the finished product (1 liter, 4 liter, drums, 20 liter) from the storage tank according to requirements
- Lead and train all other workers on a line on all aspects of all lines
- Driving productivity of their production line
- Conduct all functions of the Batcher and fill in as required in the batching area.
- Train to fill in for absent supervision
- Troubleshooting of line equipment issues and perform minor equipment adjustments and repairs
- Inspecting filling equipment and containers
- Cleaning equipment as required and documenting the inspection.
- Ensuring all containers are capped and the appropriate labels are affixed to the containers and cases.
- Responsible for packaging containers, sealing boxes and stacking skids for shipping and receiving.
- Knowledge of and ability to conduct all necessary line checks as specified by QA/Regulatory procedures.
- Ensure all documentation required during the production process is filled out as required by QA/Regulatory procedures.
- Conduct excellent housekeeping methodology as required.
- Any other tasks as requested by the Director of Production for which they are trained.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices as trained.
- Command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis.
- Mathematical aptitude to accurately quantify incoming/outgoing items.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Up to $15.00/hr.